- Work Culture
- Requirements Clarity
- Progress Tracking
- Resource Expertise
From our lengthy record of on time, on budget, on quality delivery of offshore software development projects, SoftSol Technologies has developed several best practices that are applied to each engagement:
- Onsite Project Coordinator(s) – One to three personnel are stationed onsite at the client’s location to manage all communication, time lines, and requirements gathering. This component is critical since communication issues are usually to blame for failed projects.
- Project Status Dashboards – Real-time reports tracking quality, costs, and schedules provide all team members up-to-date insight to progress and direction in the project.
- Open Communication Tools – Every offshore team member is provided a local US phone number along with online chat tools and internal forums software. Client team members have multiple ways communicate directly with relevant personnel offshore, eliminating the “black box” working model that can inadvertently cover important project details.
- Regular Steering Committee Meetings – While team discipline is required to continue these regular meetings when projects are going smoothly, consistent communication among stake holders is essential to keep the project in line with goals.
- Skill Set Screening – A common offshore project error is look at solving a problem in terms of number of resources rather than specialized expertise. Each team member should be carefully selected for their individual contribution to the solution. Clients also must realize that the rock bottom won’t usually apply to highly experienced professionals.
Several other measure contribute to SoftSol’s offshore project success, including physical and logical security policies, ISO 9001 certified processes, state-of-the-art technology infrastructure, and extensive disaster recovery plans. If you’d like to learn more about the principles that have driven our project success, feel free to give a call at 510-824-2000.